Monday, February 28, 2011

Au contraire, Mr. Woodrell!

In this interview Daniel Woodrell says "You want to hear an agent scream, say 'I'm thinking of a collection of short stories set in the Ozarks.'"



Mr Woodrell, I would buy any collection of yours, including your grocery lists most likely, as would all of your rabid fans.


And the quote of the day just has to be: "I was at a country picking thing the other day and some old boy said, ‘It’s [the Oscars] like the procession of the Sun King, buddy. You’ve got to go.’”

4 comments:

Kate Larkindale said...

I'd buy it.

Love him to bits!

Anonymous said...

Two words: TOMATO RED.

Haste yee back ;-) said...

We here in the Ozarks assume said Agent is screaming in delight???

Talk to the Wal-Mart "night people," they come out about Midnight... you wouldn't believe the yarnin' they spins!

Yes, Tater Head Tommy from Toad Suck holds court, ain't a toothless smile what's hid when he starts, "Way back, deep in dah woods, there's a...

Haste yee back ;-)

Lorelei Armstrong said...

I'd read that. I'm still waiting for the second half of Winter's Bone.