If you emailed me today about a missing kid, complete with poster and heartfelt plea, congratulations. You've gotten my attention. My full and complete attention for about two minutes. Here's how that two minutes of attention will play out:
1. I copy your email address.
2. I paste it in my gmail "filter" program.
3. I click "bypass inbox, mark as read, delete"
4. I click "apply to previous email"
5. I close my gmail program.
6. I write a blog post about it.
7. I return to work
Net result: nothing you send me ever again will hit my email box.
If you add every address to your address book, you should NEVER hit "send to all."
If you are clueless enough to do this, you're probably not someone I want to work with anyway.
Email is not some new fangled tool that's hard to figure out.
And, honest to godiva, you shouldn't add agents to your address book until they've done something more than pass or rant about you on their blog.
Tally of email addresses added to the filter: 1 (I don't give a rat's ass about cute animal pictures either)