Friday, December 14, 2007

Ever have a Stupid Day?

oh man, I had a bad on on Thursday. One of those days where you have to come up with six ways to say "I'm sorry" and hope that everyone knows you really mean it.

One of the stupids involved sending an email to every single one of my clients with the wrong contact info for them to respond to. Oh yea, let's instill confidence in the troops by doing THAT! So, I found out there was a mistake and sent a follow up email to everyone saying "yes I AM an idiot." I didn't even try to laugh it off at that point; the way my luck was running it wasn't worth the risk!

So, I said "obviously I need more snooze".

Now, my clients are a rowdy, fun loving bunch. I adore them individually and collectively. So of course, they emailed back.

Here's a sample:

"Not snooze, Janet, you need booze."

"More sleep? And miss all the biker bar action? Whasamatteryou?"

"I actually thought that it was a test to see if we (your authors) are idiots."


To quote my favorite sharp businesswoman Scarlet O'Hara: "Tomorrow is another day."

4 comments:

Mags said...

I'm going into crime fiction. There's just not enough biker bar action in women's fiction. I've checked, really.

Thank you for this PSA, and Happy What-You-Celebrate-Don't-Sue-Me-for-Gettin'-it-Wrong to you!

Chris Eldin said...

I love these kinds of stories. You sort of hold your breath waiting to see what happens, then exhale and smile.
Very nice.
:-)

The Rogue Chef said...

Hey, why didn't I get the stupid email??!!

Janet Reid said...

Cause you're listed as Peter's client.