Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Prizes!

 

Flash fiction contest winners get prizes, usually a book from my shelves that I've read and liked a lot.  


For this week's contest one of the winners mentioned she'd liked Bruce Borgos' The Bitter Past.

Aha!

I heard about The Peacock and The Sparrow by way of Bruce's newsletter. His comments made me want to read it so off I swam to the bookstore and got a copy.


And Bruce was oh-so-right!

This book is amazing.

Very much NOT the usual kind of spy novel (which I love!) and so beautifully written that some of the sentences just made me stop reading to catch my breath.


So it seemed a perfect circle to send the book to one of Bruce's new fans, and one of our contest winners. 

Now, off to the post office to get this in the mail. 




2 comments:

AJ Blythe said...

I was just reading the back blurb on this book the other day, but The Hub was in a hurry so I left it in the shop. I might need to go back solo!

Mallory Love said...

Loved The Bitter Past. Fantastic book. I’m definitely putting this on my TBR list.