You like to sit at your keyboard and make up things, not dance the fandango in waterfront dive bars.
Your characters are riveting.
You yourself (you think) not so much.
I garundamntee you 100%, full money refund, that is NOT true.
You just don't know what other people find interesting about you.
This is where your BFFs are helpful.
Tell them you need to write three things about yourself.
(don't use the word "interesting" cause then you'll star that self-censoring stuff that caused this problem in the first place!)
Ask them to help.
If you need prompts for this little descript-a-thon, here's a list:
1. Why are your children wild ruffians?
2. Which section of the library would you live in, if you could?
3. When did you last forget to eat because you were nose-deep in a book, and which book was it?
4. What book made you want to be a writer?
5. What book made you wonder if you could ever write that well?
6.What single event shaped your life significantly?
7. What is your guilty pleasure in books?
8. If you could be a character in a book (not your own) which one would you choose?
9. Do you follow a professional sport?
10. What superpower would you give your kids or your sweetheart?
Bonus points: Name one of the superpowersLaSlitherina Herself, the estimable Barbara Poelle has (yes there's more than one)---oh! Wait! Flash fiction contest theme???
If all else fails, talk about your dog.
|You meant cat, didnt you, Thumbs?|