Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Parade of Pets Day 16



Hitch the Wonder Dog!

When I told Hitch the Wonder Dog about all the purring-machines showing up on the reef lately he asked if he could once against grace the great screen of our Queen.

“I think she needs a barker," he said.

"As everyone within a mile knows," he went on to say, "I, Hitch the defender from Zombie intruders, lost yetis, hungry grizzlies, butterflies and a single leaf daring to waft across the lawn, volunteer my portrait in the sun as an example of bravery and handsomeness.”

Humility is not one of Hitches strong points but loyalty is. He thinks he's Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, Old Yeller, Carl, Pluto and Snoopy all is one.

And you know what...he is.

13 comments:

Carolynnwith2Ns said...

Hey it's the little guy who has stolen our hearts. He's a gem, chipped a little but never dull.

Donnaeve said...

I was about to say 2Ns, I know whose little dog this is!

He's a cutie!

Jennifer R. Donohue said...

Lookit his little face! His ears! He's a total cutie, and I'm sure exceedingly fierce when he feels it's necessary.

Melanie Sue Bowles said...

Oh, now that right there is some cute overload... I can't stand it.

Theresa said...

Very, very cute, 2Ns!

NLiu said...

Aww look at those ears! <3

nightsmusic said...

So serious! But those ears are bigger than he is.

Claire Bobrow said...

I like the glint of determination sparkling in Hitch's eyes. It's obvious he could handle the zombie apocalypse and look dapper at the same time, like a canine James Bond. Great dog, 2Ns!

Carolynnwith2Ns said...

Thanks guys. I may hesitate telling Hitch of your comments. They may just go to his head. He already knows he's number one when the grandkids aren't around. When they show up he heads for the highest point, the back of the couch. There he is safe to supervise.

Julie Weathers said...

Hitch is such a cutie. I'm sure he keeps one and all safe from everything, including leaves.

Craig F said...

They say that it is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog. Little cutie Hitch has the look of a dynamo; have to be to keep up with Carolynn

Lennon Faris said...

Hey, Hitch, you seem to be da man. Got to watch those butterflies! sneaky little things.

So glad you allowed our 2Ns to submit your portrait.

Beth Carpenter said...

I believe it. Look at that noble expression.