Sunday, January 27, 2019

Happy Sunday!

Dear Snookums,

My family and I regularly foster cats and kittens for the Cat Haven here in Western Australia. The Cat Haven is working toward becoming a no-kill shelter, and foster carers like us go a long way to helping them reach that goal. We open a room in our house and room in our hearts to a cat temporarily until they can find a Forever Home. Every cat we have fostered has been adopted...

...except for one. His name is Tango.

Last year during Kitten Season, we gave house room to three kittens. Due to an incident involving loose bowels and snuggling on the way home from the Cat Haven, they quickly earned their names of Whiskey, Tango and Foxtrot.

With some love and dedication, we were able to bring them up to the required 850g body weight required for adoption. A lovely couple was happy to adopt Whiskey and Foxtrot, giving the two brothers a forever home with a sibling. (Bonded pairs are the best!)

But Tango, poor little Tango, never made it as far as the adoption shed, for our whole family had fallen in love with him and couldn't let him go.

Thus, he became a Foster Fail, as they're known, and was adopted forever by us. He spends his days harassing The Old Lady (our other cat) and his nights cuddled up to someone, usually me.

Cheers,

Heidi

20180224_125159.jpg

The pink photo is the first day we brought them home, and about five minutes before one of them pooped in the carrier, much to everyone's sorrow. Tango's the one in front. The other photo is him all relaxed on my bed last week.
 
 

12 comments:

Kate Larkindale said...

Tango looks like he's found a very happy forever home. What a handsome cat!

Sherry Howard said...

What a sweet story! I love the Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot trio!

Cecilia Ortiz Luna said...

If I'm not mistaken, this ball of adorableness now serves as chief cutie in a royal household :)

Beth Carpenter said...

I love an orange and white cat.Tango is so handsome, and his fur looks soft and cuddly.

nightsmusic said...

What a wonderful story! If only I could foster without failing but alas, I would keep every foster. So I donate what they need and leave the fostering to stronger people than I am.

I'm pretty sure I know who this owner is. You're a good person and Tango looks very happy.

Lennon Faris said...

Aw, hello, Tango! So glad your fortune turned for the much better!

Theresa said...

Cheers to Tango and his new family!

AJ Blythe said...

I'm like nightsmusic, I can't foster because everyone would be a fail. I have a proven history on that front.

Tango is one lucky cat. Sound slike he rules the roost (so does that make him King? it's the only rank higher than a Duchess...).

Carolynnwith2Ns said...

Tango, great dance, great cat.

Claire Bobrow said...

I'm going to start visualizing each and every failure as a Tango. That way, they'll be successes!
He looks like a swell cat, OP. I would have kept him, too.

Aphra Pell said...

Awww, hello Tango (from another west australian). I rather miss having a gorgeous ginger cat. However I currently have 22 rats (I am a chronic foster fail on the rat front), so it wouldn't really mix.

Her Grace, Heidi, the Duchess of Kneale said...

Glad the Mango Tango has brightened everyone's weekend.

I highly recommend fostering animals as this amazing practice helps relieve the pressure on shelters. Also, by spending time with humans in a home environment, animals become better adjusted mentally and emotionally, making them more likely to be adopted (and stay adopted).

If you can't, that's okay. Help can come in all forms.