Friday, December 21, 2018

Parade of Pets Day Six

Nova!


This is Nova, our approximately three month old Australian Shepherd mix. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful Catahoula Leopard/Australian Kelpie mix for nine years, but lost him unexpectedly recently. Being unable to exist in a house without a dog, we found Nova at a local rescue organization’s adoption event a few weeks back and were instantly smitten.

She is a lovable handful who likes to find socks from the recesses of the couch and run around with them like she’s declaring victory in the Revolutionary War, and then immediately flop down for a nap. We live in Orlando and she is a true Florida dog, enjoying the sunshine and all the benefits of a land without snow. Here she is experiencing her first kayak ride with her daddy. Note the doggy life vest. Safety first.


Enjoy your holiday and thank you for the awesome blog!

13 comments:

Donnaeve said...

I've been catching up on all the pet pics and the backstories. I can't think of any better way to spend this rainy Friday.

nightsmusic said...

Wookatdatwiddleface!!! I love puppies and she's a cutie :)

Donnaeve, rainy here too. All night last night and still going. It's supposed to be snow!

Jennifer R. Donohue said...

NOVAAAA! She is so cute!

Coincidentally, my pupper's bestie is also an Australian shepherd mix (aussie-border collie) who is named Nova ^^

Amy Johnson said...

Oh, Nova, you are in for a wonderful life with your new family! Look at how they're taking such good care of you.

OT kindasorta: I missed commenting yesterday. A trip to the ER at the children's hospital can do that. All is better now. I loved seeing Mango--a cool pet with a cool name.

E.M. Goldsmith said...

Nova is awesome. What a sweet little pup. Enjoy her.

Craig F said...

One of these days I'm gonna grow up. I'm gonna grow up so I can go back to the things I knew as a child. One of those was puppies. This post entices me to do that.

The only problem is the cats, they like me as I am.

We have a Reider other than CynthiaMac in Orlando, yay.

OT: the weather sucks here too. Two days of solid rain(4-6inches) and to day wind and a shower every time you try to do anything. High of the day was probably midnight, last night.

Melanie Sue Bowles said...

That is one precious pup...!

OP, thank you for adopting an animal in need. And how wonderful to learn you had a Catahoula. Many years ago, a gorgeous red brindle CL wandered into our life - we named her Molly and she became a much-loved member of our family. She was one of the kindest dogs we've ever had; it just about ruined us when she passed. So tough to lose them, as so many of us know, but I'm glad you brought a new pup home.

Jen said...

She likes to run around with socks "as if she's declaring victory in the Revolutionary War." LOL. Fantastic! I hope you will have many happy years with her. What a cutie!

Claire Bobrow said...

Dog on a boat with a floaty red coat. Excellent!
Condolences on the loss of your older dog, but I'm glad charmer Nova is bringing you joy (and socks!).

It's raining here, too. Seems like a trend.

Beth Carpenter said...

What a sweetheart. Look at those puppy dog eyes!

NLiu said...

Doggy life jacket is a thing? I never knew that! She is so cute

Julie Weathers said...

What a sweet little face. I can see why it spoke to you. I hope y'all have many happy years together.

Lennon Faris said...

Nova sure looks like she is curious about her surroundings. I'd like to take a boat ride with such a cutie!