Did you know that Sunday November 15th is "Clean Out Your Refrigerator" Day? Yea, me either. But there it is, right there next to "Have a Party With Your Bear" Day and "World Kindness" Day.
Since all the bears I know aren't the partying type, and the idea of being kind to anyone, let alone the entire world is almost as bad as the idea of eating kale, today's writing contest is in honor of your fridge!
(I thought about doing it for Friday the 13th, but honestly, I was TERRIFIED of what y'all would come up with!)
The usual rules, plus the new one #11, apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word. The letters for the
prompt must appear in consecutive order. They cannot be backwards.
Thus: ice/lice is ok, but ice/spicier is not.
4. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again. It helps to work out your entry first, then post.
6. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses.
7. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
8. Under no circumstances should you tweet anything about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is grounds for disqualification.
9. It's ok to tweet about the contest generally.
Example: "I just entered the flash fiction contest on Janet's blog and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt"
11. You agree that your contest entry can remain posted on the blog for the life of the blog. In other words, you can't ask to delete the entry and any comments about the entry at a later date.
Contest opens: 9:29am
Contest closes: 10am
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid