Sunday, November 02, 2008

So, how DO you find one person at the marathon?







Well, if the one person you're looking for is the boss, you get there early and you tie a couple balloons to your bike handlebars so you're easy to spot.


Then, when you don't see her running by, you get a tad nervous, and take a picture of someone ELSE just to prove you were actually at the race not lolling around at home drinking coffee and thinking "wow, it's windy out there".

The first picture makes it look like the runners are dressed like balloons!
The weird red line in the second picture is the ribbon for the balloons.

You haven't lived till you've biked a mile or so with three helium balloons attacking your head. Around MTA busses, two of them!, that thought playing ping pong with a bike between them was kind of funny.

But the real way you spot Stephany Evans, marathon runner? You see the determined set of her jaw and a look of fierce concentration as she boils past amidst a sea of runners. It's a look I've seen before when she's negotiating for her clients or going through a contract and I spotted it right away even in a sea of hundreds of people.

Go Steph!!!!

5 comments:

Haste yee back ;-) said...

I know, off topic, but...

is the hunting good in Marfa?

I see an Outfitter advertising feral pig hunts for $1.65. (a pound, I'm sure)?

Miss Stephany could use her marathon skills to herd-'em-up. Kinda like cross-training!

Haste yee back ;-)

Sean Ferrell said...

Now I'm upset that marathoners don't have to dress like balloons.

WendyCinNYC said...

I completely missed the runners I knew--and I was tracking them online! The headmistress at my kid's school ran and did well, making me feel like a pathetic schlub. But good for her!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

At first I thought the runners were dressed up as Easter eggs! Then I drank my coffee. :)

Shona Snowden said...

you...have...a...bike? Gasp. Unexpected.