This week we're celebrating our own Amy-in-Paradise securing representation for her novel. Those of us who've seen her flash fiction contest entries aren't surprised in the least to hear this great news!
Since her book hasn't sold yet [what a slacker agent! No book deal in 7 days! ;) ] the prize will be a book of the winner's choosing.
The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word. The letters for the
prompt must appear in consecutive order. They cannot be backwards.
Thus: amy/infamy is ok but amy/army is not.
4. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post. (Comments are closed until the contest opens)
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again. It helps to work out your entry first, then post.
5. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses.
6. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
7. Under no circumstances should you tweet anything about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is grounds for disqualification.
8. Please do not post anything but contest entries. (Not for example "I love Felix Buttonweezer's entry!")
Contest opens: Saturday 8/1, 7:07am (blame the Writers Digest conference schedule for that early hour! I have to be there at 9am!)
Contest closes: Sunday, 8/2, 8am (you get back some of those hours from last week!)
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid
oops, too late. Contest closed at 8am.