The Dunning-Kruger effect (people who don't know much tend not to recognize their own ignorance, and so fail to seek better information. The least knowledgeable are the least likely to do research)
Do you know enough about publishing to be sending queries?
1. True or False: Literary agents sell your work to publishers.
2. True or False: Publishers register and own the copyright on books they publish.
3. A literary agent's standard domestic commission is:
c. Depends on the amount of the deal
4. True or False: a good place to find out about agents are the ads in magazines like Poets and Writers, or Writer's Digest.
4. True or False: You need to hire an editor to go over your manuscript before submitting it to an agent or publisher.
5. True or False: It's who you know that gets you an agent.
6. True or False: if you don't earn out your advance, you have to pay it back.
7. True or false: The best way to meet agents is in person.
8. True or false: agents are too busy reading queries to answer all of them
9. True or false: agents are looking for the next hot category
10. True or false: if you get an offer from a publisher, an agent will be more likely to take you on as a client.