Sunday, January 06, 2013

Best excuse EVER not just 2012

A pal of mine  is on vacation someplace I'd never heard of. Her boss casually mentions to me that "her work e-mail has locked her out of remote access."

Even if she wanted to work, she can't. Literally can NOT.

So I googled the name of the place where she is:

And then, just to add salt to the wound, I get an email from her PRIVATE non-work email with a photo:

And yes, that low moaning sound you hear is me keening with envy.

 All I can hope for is that her return trip pilot turns out to be named Otto.


french sojourn said...

I've been there, it's true
no wifi only

Jill Haugh said...

Ha! This was the funniest thing I've read in a while... .
"Otto" indeed.
Kudos to you both,
~Just Jill

Michael Seese said...

"There's been a little problem in the cockpit, and I was . . ."
"The cockpit--what is it?"
"It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now."

JeffO said...

That's the way vacations *should* be.

Lauren said...

I hope the co-pilot doesn't have a drinking problem.

Attorney At Large said...

She must have the best boss in the history of remote access, possibly ever. Locked out! I don't think I ever had a boss NOT call me when I was on vacation.

Stephsco said...

I visited a resort a year ago that looked like that. I miss it.

Mari said...

We already know literary agents live glamorous lives with all that money they're raking in, right? I just assumed they jetted to the Caribbean every other weekend in the winter;)

pjcasselman said...

I miss the Caribbean. The only beach in Kansas is a sand barge.
On a side note, that woman in the picture with Otto is breathtaking.