Yes, this is filled with whisky

Yes, this is filled with whisky

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Don't make Santa bring a casket this year

Install/test smoke detectors in your home.
Right now.


Dana said...

I saw that too! And donated! So sad.
Check your Carbon Monoxide Detectors too! Or go get one if you don't have it!

Ronda Laveen said...

That is so sad. Thanks.

Rebecca Knight said...

I saw that the other day and donated as well :(. Poor family. Good call out, Janet!

Laurel said...

Tkx. Our house burned Christmas Day when I was eight years old. My grandfather experienced a similar housefire when he was ten. We're kind of OCD about fire safety in my family.

The cool thing about our fire? The first thing the firemen did was cover all the toys in tarp. Just so you know, the entire roof was already in flames and they were coming through the ceiling. Our house was a near total except for foundation and framing, but we did not lose one thing from Santa.

DebraLSchubert said...

We'll be checking smoke and carbon monoxide detectors over the next week. Thanks much for this tragic reminder.

Wilhem Spihntingle said...

Thanks for the reminder. It's something that is so overlooked and taken for granted, yet so, so important.

A. Grey said...

Between the fact that I'm terrified of fire and my father is a funeral director, I'm OCD about fire safety. We also have several cats who are better than Lassie at bringing your attention to anything amiss fire related or not. And I still obsessively worry. And sometimes, that's a good thing.

Leona said...

I saw that on cake wrecks as well and was crying as I finished the story. My husband and I were firefighters before moving out of the area. I knew too well what that family had gone through when I read the article.

Please, everyone, it is awful for the families and the firefighters involved. Be careful!!!

FIONA said...

Thanks for giving this a bigger audience.

Our neighbor just had a house fire. Everyone escaped safely, even the pets.

Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors save lives.

Many house fires are caused by candles or stove top cooking left unattended. It can spread so quickly.

Stay safe, and Happy Holidays.

Kristie said...

Thank you so much for sharing Amanda's story and reminding your readers the importance of smoke detectors! We can never bring Charlie, Joshua and Emma back, but we can do our best to make sure it never happens to anyone else :-)