1. If you comment several times on any given post, Blogger thinks you're a spammer, and relegates you to "awaiting moderation." It can take me several days to fish you out.
If your comment doesn't appear, that's the most likely explanation.
And remember, you should not comment more than two or three times at most on any given post.
2. If you see spam on the blog, please let me know by email.
Don't post in the comment column, or on Twitter.
3. If you see a typo on the blog post itself, please email me. I'm VERY glad to hear about those, particularly now that Blogger has disabled the spell check feature.
4. If you have questions you want answered on the blog, email me. While I do see the comments, it's not the best place to ask. It will help if you identify yourself as a blog reader. I'm more careful now about assuming people know questions are answered in public forum.
5. It's ok to post news in the comment column about upcoming publications. Please be respectful of the topic of the day however. Don't post news more than once. (That's a fast way to get deleted, and relegated to spam.)
6. It's ok to link to YOUR stuff. It will be really helpful if you learn how to post links.
7. Be aware that the flash fiction contests CLOSE at a specified time. Even if the comments are still open, your entry is DQ'ed if it's AFTER the deadline. Often I don't close the comments right at the appointed hour, and the reason is that I am a slothful shark, and probably still sacked out in my hammock dreaming of tormenting writers.