Monday, December 10, 2018

upcoming blog hiatus

I'm going to take a blogging break for both the holidays and a reading binge.

To fill the gap, send me pictures of your furred or feathered companions and I'll post them while I'm gone.

Send to JetReidLiterary at gmail.

Bunnies, cats, kittens, dogs (do NOT mention this to Her Grace, the Duchess of Yowl!), puppies. Sloths!

If you've participated before, send NEW pictures of your sidekick.

Include the story of how the s/he came to be with you if you'd like.

The hiatus is a long one: 12/15-1/5/19.
I'm absolutely determined to get all my reading done AND take at least a couple days off to read for fun.

Questions?
Fire away in the comment column.

The Duchess of Yowl stalks across the keyboard


Her Grace, the Duchess of Yowl: (reading draft blog post) This is a violation of your hospitality contract.

Me: There's a contract?

DoY: Of course there's a contract. I never work without one.

Me: Wait, what kind of work are you doing?

DoY: providing beauty to the world.

Me: What's the royalty rate on that, anyway?

DoY: Don't worry about royalty rates, worry about the no competing works clause.

Me: No competing works?

DoY: Honestly you are becoming a parrot.

Me: Explain the no competing works clause please.

DoY: No one else is allowed to compete with my royal image on your little blog.

Me: That's not what a non-compete clause means, Your Grace.

DoY: It should.

Me: Think of the photos as fan mail from your subjects.

DoY: Well, that does sound acceptable.  Now, about that aquarium.

Me: The co-op board has denied permission for the installation of an aquarium here in the royal apartments.

DoY: And yet they allow foul hounds to roam the halls at will.

Me:The apocalypse is nigh.

DoY:  I hope you'll survive. I'll still need to be petted regularly.

18 comments:

Lisa Bodenheim said...

whoops...Janet. You've some complicated gobbledygook at the end of your post. Was that intended?

Lisa Bodenheim said...

Haha. Good to know Janet will survive any apocalypse as the DoY will pull you through!

I'll miss your blog but totally understandable. I hope you're able to catch up on all that wonderful reading!

It'll be good to see everyone's furry or feathered friend.

Janet Reid said...

Holy smokes!
The gremlins did attack!
Fixed now (I hope!)

Thanks Lisa

Dellcartoons said...

DoY: The royalty rate? I rate as the highest royalty. What more do you need to know?

Richelle Elberg said...

Enjoy your break Janet, much deserved!

Jennifer R. Donohue said...

That IS a long hiatus! Enjoy all of your reading, for business and pleasure, and return refreshed!

Thank you for all that you do.

Claire Bobrow said...

Have a wonderful break, Janet! And may all your reading be fun :-)

Konnie Enos said...

Now I'm wondering if I could get my daughter to send along pictures of each and everyone one of our fur and feathered family members. That should fill a few days. We're out numbered. Six of us. Six dogs, one cat, one guinea pig and one parakeet.

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

DoY talks to you the way my characters talk to me. Glad you take notes.

Kregger said...

Dear Ms. Reid,

Everyone should take/deserve time off over the holidays (sorry about the PC).

Since you're going to have gads of free time, may I offer my newest drivel?

It's a YA, stick-drawn with big eyes, historical Anime graphic fiction-novel?

No?

Okay, I'll learn to draw first, but that will take me a couple of weeks.

See you (not literally) on the other side of the break.

New York appears beautiful during the holidays.

Kregger

Melanie Sue Bowles said...

Happy Hiatus to Her Highness...!

Theresa said...

Enjoy your holiday hiatus, Janet!

Craig F said...

The good thing about being able to vacation for the Holidays is the huge swath of days. Two weeks vacation and two days for Christmas and New Years.

That gives enough time to travel across the country and get in five years worth of family time.

Have fun. I have some pix of The Troubled one sleeping. That is when he looks angelic. He lies about food too.

Carolynnwith2Ns said...

Enjoy your Reid's read until it becomes Reid read.

NLiu said...

Janet, I thought for a moment you would be gone until 1st May. I nearly fell off my chair. Then I remembered how you write dates across the pond. I blame baby-induced sleep deprivation.

Have a happy Christmas! Here's to hoping you find some good stuff in the pile!

Kae Ridwyn said...

'Honestly you are becoming a parrot.' - HA! Love it.
Enjoy your hiatus and your reading break - and here's hoping you find all that you wish for!
Thank you for being so incredibly wonderful. And see you on the flip side :)

Jen said...

I'm way behind on my reading as well. Enjoy your break. I look forward to seeing lots of wonderful writing companions from my fellow blog readers.

KDJames said...

Oh, I like the idea of a hiatus during the winter holidays. If I hadn't just ended a lengthy blog hiatus, I might take another one. Hmmm, I wonder . . . No, better not.

I love seeing critter pics, and especially love reading the stories and matching critters to people (PLEASE, everyone, tell us which animals you belong to?).

Got to say, Janet, I approve of this new approach of telling us you're going to be away. Unlike last year around this time, when there was a scheduling glitch and contest posts didn't appear as anticipated and *some of us* [ahem] immediately jumped to the conclusion that Something Dire had happened to you. This way, if you're carried off to the Fire Swamp by subway ROUS, we'll simply shrug and say, "Oh, she's just taking a break. No worries."

Hope your hiatus is both productive and lazy!