Say howdy to Clay!
He's a little bit down on his luck right now. Some bad career choices (who knew being a lifeguard required going IN to a pool of water?); some gambling debts (that roulette wheel is soooo fascinating!); and a series of feline floozies have left him high and dry. Homeless even.
Right now he's temping with Apprentice Kim. He's building his skills in reading, editing, and keyboard menacing.
He's one of several cats looking for more permanent employment.
Let's have a writing contest to give Clay some exposure!
The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:
**bonus points if you tell me how the words are related
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word. The letters for the
prompt must appear in consecutive order. They cannot be backwards.
Thus: pit/pitbull is ok but pit/piety is not
4. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again. It helps to work out your entry first, then post.
6. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses. The prize for this contest is NOT Clay now matter how clever your entry!
7. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
8. Under no circumstances should you tweet anything about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is grounds for disqualification.
8a. There are no circumstances in which it is ok to ask for feedback from ME on your contest entry. NONE. (You can however discuss your entry with the commenters in the comment trail...just leave me out of it.)
9. It's ok to tweet about the contest generally.
Example: "I just entered the flash fiction contest on Janet's blog and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt"
10. Please do not post anything but contest entries. (Not for example "I love Felix Buttonweezer's entry!")
11. You agree that your contest entry can remain posted on the blog for the life of the blog. In other words, you can't later ask me to delete the entry and any comments about the entry at a later date.
12. The stories must be self-contained. That is: do not include links or footnotes to explain any part of the story. Those extras will not be considered part of the story.
Contest opens: 7:24am, Sat 3/10/18
Contest closes: 9am, Sun 3/11/18 DON'T FORGET THE TIME CHANGE THIS WEEKEND!!
If you're wondering how what time it is in NYC right now, here's the clock
If you'd like to see the entries that have won previous contests, there's an .xls spread sheet here http://www.colindsmith.com/TreasureChest/
(Thanks to Colin Smith for organizing and maintaining this!)
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid
Sorry, too late. Contest closed.