Hell, it's been a helluva year.
Let's have a writing contest to give us something fun to think about instead.
The usual rules, plus the new one, #11, apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word. The letters for the
prompt must appear in consecutive order.
Thus: rag/rage is ok but rag/reagent is not.
The letters cannot be backwards: ie rag cannot be garden
4. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again. It helps to work out your entry first, then post.
6. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses.
7. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
8. Under no circumstances should you tweet anything about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is grounds for disqualification.
9. It's ok to tweet about the contest generally.
Example: "I just entered the flash fiction contest on Janet's blog and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt"
10. Please do not post anything but contest entries. (Not for example "I love Felix Buttonweezer's entry!") The place to laud the entries is the contest results post (generally the next day after the contest closes)
11. You agree that your contest entry can remain posted on the blog for the life of the blog. In other words, you can't later ask me to delete the entry and any comments about the entry at a later date.
Contest opens: Saturday 12/5/15 9:57am
Contest closes: Sunday 12/6/15 10am
Time zones got you flummoxed? Click here to see how many hours left till contest closes
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid
Rats! Too late! Contest closed