We are knee-deep into July; NYC is hot and humid. The best thing to cool everyone off is a flash fiction contest!
The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:
2. You can make up definitions for any or all of the words, but I must be able to understand what they mean from the context of the sentence or story.
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word. The letters for the
prompt must appear in consecutive order.
Thus: ten/tenth is ok, but ten/twenty is not
5. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
6. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again. It helps to work out your entry first, then post.
7. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses. Prize is generally a book.
8. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
9. Under no circumstances should you tweet anything about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is grounds for disqualification.
8. Please do not add any comments about contest entries. (Not for example "I love Felix Buttonweezer's entry!") They will be deleted and you will find yourself in Hot Water.
Contest opens: Saturday, July 11, 8am
Contest closes: Sunday, July 12, 8am
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid
RATS! Too Late! Contest closed at 8am.