I'm in Muncie Indiana for the Midwest Writers Conference this weekend so it's the perfect time to have a writing contest!
The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word. The letters for the
prompt must appear in consecutive order (they cannot be backwards either.)
Thus: Book/bookish is ok, but Book/Brooks is not.
And: Indiana/Indians is ok but Indian/An aid ninja is not.
4. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again. It helps to work out your entry first, then post.
5. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses.
6. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
7. Under no circumstances should you tweet anything about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is grounds for disqualification.
8. Please do not post anything but contest entries. (Not for example "I love Felix Buttonweezer's entry!") They will be deleted and you will be in Hot Water.
Contest opens: Saturday July 25 at 8am
Contest closes: Sunday July 26 at 6am (yes this is shorter than normal; I'm traveling that day)
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid