It's the start of summer Fridays! Time for a flash fiction writing contest! The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:
plott (note the number of t's in this word)
(If you know what links all the words, you can include that in your post and the words do NOT count as part of the story.)
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word. The word must appear as a whole if used in a longer word:
Wife/midwife is ok
Heart/William Randolf Hearst is not ok
4. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again) It helps to work out your entry first and then post.
5. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses.
6. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
7. Under no circumstances should you tweet anything about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is grounds for disqualification.
8. Under no circumstances should post a comment that is NOT an entry here. They will be deleted and you will be severly glared at large menacing creatures.
Contest opens: Saturday May 30 10am (Eastern Shark Time)
Contest closes: Sunday May 31 10am (Eastern Shark Time)
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid
(Sorry guyz!!! I'm late opening the contest. Overslept...blame BEA!!)
Sorry! Contest closed!