Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Surprise Writing Contest!
It's blog reader Colin Smith's birthday today.
I thought about calling him up and warbling Happy Birthday, but he did mention he was sleeping in till 10am today.
Thus we have a great chance to surprise the stuffing out of him with this contest.
Contest opens NOW (3/24/15) and runs through tomorrow (3/25/15) at 7am.
The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word.
thus: music/musician is ok, but not exile/exfiltrate
4. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again) It helps to work out your entry first and then post.
5. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses.
6. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
7. Under no circumstances should you tweet anything about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is grounds for disqualification.
Contest opens: NOW 3/24/15 7am
Contest closes: 3/25/15 7am
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid