1. If this book is intended to be a series, map out the next three to five books. A plot thumbnail, character development, setting.
2. Clean up your electronic presence. Review your blog posts for the last year for spelling errors, or flabby sentences. Make sure your contact information is up to date.
3. Read as many debut authors in your category as you can. Make friends with them on Facebook and Twitter (trust me, they want to be your friend!)
4. Start the next book.
5. Read Bleak House by Charles Dickens.
6. Read a book of poems. I suggest Richard Blanco.
7. Read a book that a total stranger reccomends (Amazon lists are a good place to start; Twitter too.)
8. Increase your elevator pitch skills by writing and honing pitches for books you've read and loved (but not written.)
9. Write the synopsis for your book in three forms: three pages, one page, one paragraph.
10. Read Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry.