I knew it was small, but this week I saw another example of just how small.
First, remember this blog post about Christi Corbett?
She'd been part of the Chum Bucket Brigade and I was glad she's gotten her book published.
Here's the funny thing. Christie got back from vacation to find her email box overflowing with notes from writers who'd heard about her here (yay, and thank you!)
When Christi wrote to thank me for the blog post, she reminded me she'd hosted the Fabulous Dan Krokos on her blog when his debut novel FALSE MEMORY came out.
And Dan wrote to QueryShark because he's a fan of the inimitiable Jeff Somers.
Small world? Yes indeed.
Don't you think that calls for a writing contest? I do!
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Include the following words in the story
3. You must include the entire word in correct letter order but it does not have to be the entire word:
Chummy but not Schlump
Pantsless but not phantoms
4. Contest opens on Saturday 8/17 at 10:00 am and closes Sunday 8/18 at 10:00am. All times are Eastern Shark times.
5. Post your entry in the comment column of this blog post. If you need a mulligan, a do-over, delete your comment and post again. Only ONE entry per person.
6. Yes there is a prize but I don't know what it is yet. Probably pot luck (tell me what you like to read and I'll send you something amazing!)
7. All decisions are final, subject to whim and whimsy. No whining allowed.
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid
Oops, too late, contest closed.