Brooks found Sam on Twitter of all places, and when we all saw the website, and the story, and the art, it was love at first sight.
Then Brooks signed Sam and Otter as clients and submitted the book to editors and it was MORE love at first sight --the book sold at auction in what should be called a sweeeeeeeeeeeet deal.
And the only downside? Now we have to wait for the book to be published. Rats! (wait...rats??)
To assuage our waiting pains, let's have a writing contest!
1. Write a story using 100 or fewer words.
2. Post the story in the comments column of this blog post.
3. You can take a mulligan, a do-over, by deleting your entry and entering again. Only ONE and it's the latest date stamp entry will be eligible.
4. Use the following words in your story:
5. Contest will OPEN on Friday 7/27 at 6pm and close Saturday 7/28 at 6pm. All times are Eastern Shark Time.
Oops! Too late. Contest closed. Results pending!
Questions? Tweet to me @janet_reid