Yes, this is filled with whisky

Yes, this is filled with whisky

Friday, March 09, 2012

"Scandal in sandals" sounds soooo naughty!

That's the Australian edition of IONIA SANCTION by Gary Corby. In case you're not Down Under, there's an American edition too:


Kristin Laughtin said...

Ha, I suppose it does sound like it could be a cheesy campaign for the Spartacus TV show!

I've been meaning to read these ever since reading about them on Nathan Bransford's blog, so thanks for reminding me. I like seeing the different covers, too!

Bill Plante said...

There are great titles. Seldom a superb one. Scandal in Sandals

Gary Corby said...

Kristin, the covers are different, aren't they? Yet they both say something accurate about what's inside. Until I had my own to think about, I never realized what an art and science there is to covers. I've learned a lot of respect for the people who do this every day.

The US covers are drawn by Stefano Vitale, who was an artist in NY and who I believe now lives in Venice, Italy. The Oz cover was done by the talented Laura at Penguin's art department, and I owe them both for such terrific work.

Steve Stubbs said...

Oz is a much smaller market than the US, but I hope both of you make a fortune. Kudos on getting him published down under.

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

Hi Gary!

I loved the first book. I haven't read this one yet, but I will. Don't you owe me a blog post or something?

Gary Corby said...

Hi Sha'el!

I'm currently depleting what little is left of my sanity to finish book 4 in the series, but that should leave me in a fine state to write you something.

For those who weren't here for the excitement, some years ago it was Sha'el Princess of Pixies who tracked me down after I submitted to Janet, and then promptly destroyed my own email address and web site. Which is why she has a big thank you under her mundane name in my first book.

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

Do I get an advanced reading copy of book three then?

Pixies can beg; this is a sample.