Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Contest entries (so far) part nine

Capillya 5:10


 This DREAMLAND
on A SWIFTLY TILTING PLANET
will ONE DAY
WITHER.

A WICKED
TRICKSTER'S CHOICE will
SPEAK to
MONSTERS OF MEN
who FALL FOR ANYTHING.

On the EDGES
of DELIRIUM
they're NUMB.

They're GOING TOO FAR.
Dying INSIDE OUT.
Already THE WALKING DEAD.
But THE THINGS THEY CARRIED
will LINGER
FOREVER,
and NEVER LET YOU GO.


























--------------
Schipper 5:41


Northwest marine weather?
Fly now!
Toward the light!
It's nothing to be frightened of.
Leaving America,
It's a mammoth undertaking.
But farewell, my lovely.
No more holidays on ice for me.
Do travel writers go to hell?
I'll tell tales from the torrid zone!





---------------

Stephanie 6:32

The Disenchanting Truth

The Truth About Forever
Is that Bright And Shiny Morning(s)
Are for the Lucky One(s).

At Second Glance,
The Little Prince won't come
To The Rescue,
Which means She's Come Undone.

The Girl Who Played With Fire,
Was found Running With Scissors,
Saying, "Someday My Prince Will Come,"
Unaware of The Slow Vanishing.

She'd Fallen
And become a Loose Girl
Who live in The Glass Castle
Full of Disenchantments and Stolen Innocence.

She was A Woman Betrayed.
She wasn't Lucky.

Counting The Hours,
She learned
Certain Girls aren't Those Who Save Us.

And That's How I Live Now.







--------------------
Rebekah 6:37


Here THE CHOSEN
Shuddering his SUMMONS
From the bosom of DUSK
As the PALE FIRE dies away
THE COLOR PURPLE bleeding
Into the ragged soul of NIGHT
Here no MAN FOR ALL SEASONS
Here no SANCTUARY
Here instead the LORD OF THE FLIES
His carrion throat WHISTLING IN THE DARK
Weep, oh, CRY THE BELOVED COUNTRY
THE YEARS OF CHILDHOOD crumbling 
Here the INVISIBLE MAN
Here AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY
As in an INFERNO of MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION
THE SUN ALSO RISES




----------------
Greg 6:50pm

Drama City
 
It’s the dark of the moon
Or so it seems on this naked earth
Where fools die
And this I believe
Is bait and switch
The classic game change
A common move for hustler days
For surely its blasphemy
To call it homicide
It’s more like the unholy ghost
That’s counting coup
While stalking those still crying wolf
In the cosmic landscape
And in the end we are all livin’ the blues
Because you get so alone 
at times it just makes sense
To continue the struggle in this
nightmare town


















------------

bturn 7:36


TAKE JOY
in A CIRCLE OF QUIET,
THE SECRET GARDEN,
and ON THE BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA.

Yet when SHADES OF GRAY
in THE FALLING RAINDROP
and DARK WATER RISING
cause A WRINKLE IN TIME,

gather A SINGLE SHARD
and FEATHERS
ACROSS FIVE APRILS,
bringing LIGHT IN AUGUST...

...and REVOLUTION.





------------

Shauna 8:15pm

WHILE OTHER PEOPLE SLEEP,
the FOOL and
THE STOLEN CHILD meet
in THE BROKEN PROMISE LAND to learn
HOW TO BE GOOD.

"CHILD OF MY HEART,"
THE IDIOT cries,
'IF YOU COULD SEE WHAT I SEE,
you'd SING DOWN THE MOON
or DIE TRYING."

"CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET?" asks the child.
"IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER I WOULD PICK MORE DAISIES.
and I'd keep THE LAST DANCE for myself.
NOBODY KNOWS
THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME."







-----------
Lucie 8:42pm

Ode to Books

the origins
timeless as the cosmos
hush, hush (i'm reading)
i'll read forever
the page, passion
i'll be dead to the world
sit upon a throne of fire
responsibilities my last sacrifice
I made a blood promise
to reach story's crescendo
i shiver
we read because we want freedom
to grow new bones
to make the right mistake
and we are not saved
but we are breath, eyes, memory
kindred in our stories






















------------
Felicia 8:58 pm

It was on the distant streets of Manhattan, as a second language they spoke gangster.
Wicked Prey stalked the streets searching . . .
Inside it was quiet, sweet and smooth; we called it the house at sugar beach, me and my sister Lilly
It was a way of escaping the numb hearts and souls we found on the way
The way of story coming from my grandmother’s lips calmed us every night
My Daddy stayed out late, Momma had left long ago, but he had dreams, and he knew how to get rich

A man-child in the Promised Land, he dreams unreal that would cost him an arm, leg, and a life to steal
Now and then Lilly and I would hear life on the streets
The rising and the rain. . . the up and the down
Mercy Mercy me God loves me, Lilly and I had made up our own prayer to keep us safe from this lifestyle

We laid our heads on our pillows; suddenly we shared a split image of our worst nightmare.
The Opening shots weren’t the worst, just shocking
Lilly escaped the room like a lost dog as more gunshots struck the waiting town

I chased her around the corner, down the stairs, and to the doorway of my house

To find Lilly, now Broken Prey, lying lifeless.
The life escaped 6 year old Lilly Like vapor while daddy looked on
She had been the rose that grew from concrete for so long
Lilly now took a road of her own
I Leaned over my sister’s flush face, placed my lips on her cheek and gave her a soft cinnamon kiss

A stranger in paradise shined a light, soothed my soul, and blessed my heart; I knew she would be safe.











---------------------------

Kirsten 9:04pm


Trapped
in the tempest
of the forgetting room,
betwixt
radiant shadows
and never, where
obedience became
the blade itself,
the emperor of Scent
was servant of the bones
to the elegant witch,
I was a spy in the house of love.
Promise not to tell.

No comments: