Yes, this is filled with whisky

Yes, this is filled with whisky

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Dan Krokos cracks me up

His interview here at The Novel Road reveals some interesting facts.

What are they?


Steve Stubbs said...

I voted that Dan shouts "Yoknapatawpha!" whenever anyone shouts "Reivers!" in Firefly. That has to be it. I shout "Yoknapatawpha!" whether anyone else shouts "Reivers!" or not, and not just in Firefly. "Yoknapatawpha!" is a word for every occasion.

David said...

Why is Dan's query letter (124) not on the shark website? The interview mentioned the letter.


Dana said...

Reivers? I ain't going anywhere near where there are reivers.

JS said...

I tried shouting "Yoknapatawpha!" once, but I sprained my larynx. When I was teaching American Literature, I used to say "Yabba-dabba-doo" instead, which always made my students laugh.

I do always think of Faulkner when they mention the reavers on Firefly, though.

The movie of The Reivers is quite good. It has Steve McQueen!