Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's been one of those days

One of my favorite people in the world sent me a picture from the Edgars. After I insisted he burn it, I took the copy he'd sent me, cropped myself out and told my dear slithery competitor Barbara Poelle I was going to post it on my blog.

Not too many minutes went by before this arrived:

Can you wait to post a picture of me where I don’t look like I am on a black tar heroin binge? How about instead, you post this photo of me having one of the easy days in publishing…


So, here it is.
Caption to be determined but I'm leaning toward:

"Next time we order take out sushi, I get to drive the helicopter"

7 comments:

Dana said...

Great picture. Some days, you're the bug. Some days, you're the windshield.

Ulysses said...

Well... that forces a reinterpretation of the whole "Query Shark" thing.

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

Perfect caption.It's so you.

Fred Limberg said...

how fast DID you climb that ladder Janet?

The query shark will have it's revenge

hahahahahahahahahah

Taylor K. said...

Wow. I'm gonna have that image stuck in my head all weekend.

Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

Back in my query days, Ms. Poelle answered a partial request with --hands down-- the funniest rejection comments EVAH! She's terrific.

I bet she's a heckuva great keynote speaker, too.

Unfocused Me said...

"Robin! Pass the Shark Repellent Bat Spray!"