That's truly inspiring. Starting a new career at 70 really shows that a lot of "I can't" statements are true only in one's head.
My grandma of a few years older always used to say "there's no such thing as I can't". I have that written above my desk. I think much of that generation genuinely believes that.
Interesting to read how she did even the hard things with a smile. And heartening to hear how great her company treated her. I'm glad to know there are still people like that. Thanks for sharing.
Keep your comments succinct. Any comment that runs longer than 100 words is generally too long.
If you're commenting more than three times a day, it's too much.
Civility is enforced. Spelling/grammar mistakes may be pointed out ONLY in the blog post itself, not in any of the ensuing commenter's contributions.
If your comment doesn't show up, it's most likely that Blogger ate it. Try posting again using a GoogleID. (comment moderation is on only for older posts)
Awwwww. Sadness.
ReplyDeleteAnd that made me tear up. What a wonderful way to remember her and how freakin' great is MacMillan?
ReplyDeleteThank for sharing the link. I loved reading this post. What a remarkable woman.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tribute. She sounds like she was a wonderful friend and colleague to many, and a lucky person who led an interesting, fulfilled life.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing lady! wow
ReplyDeleteThat's truly inspiring. Starting a new career at 70 really shows that a lot of "I can't" statements are true only in one's head.
ReplyDeleteMy grandma of a few years older always used to say "there's no such thing as I can't". I have that written above my desk. I think much of that generation genuinely believes that.
Interesting to read how she did even the hard things with a smile. And heartening to hear how great her company treated her. I'm glad to know there are still people like that. Thanks for sharing.