Thursday, January 13, 2011
More on CROOKED LETTER CROOKED LETTER
CROOKED LETTER CROOKED LETTER by Tom Franklin knocked my sox off last year. Here's a story about how that book came to be. And yes it involves an Agent Intervention (I love those stories!)
4 comments:
Keep your comments succinct. Any comment that runs longer than 100 words is generally too long.
If you're commenting more than three times a day, it's too much.
Civility is enforced. Spelling/grammar mistakes may be pointed out ONLY in the blog post itself, not in any of the ensuing commenter's contributions.
If your comment doesn't show up, it's most likely that Blogger ate it. Try posting again using a GoogleID. (comment moderation is on only for older posts)

I am eager to read this one. Have been since you last talked about it! Just need to finish up DECODED first...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link to that article. It's comforting to know that even brilliant writers like Franklin (I LOVE this book and his others as well) also need a nudge sometimes to get the awesome out onto the page.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh, I was wondering about the title, and now that I see the explanation, I suddenly remember, as a kid, learning how to spell and say Mississippi as fast as I could, forwards and backwards, and "in code":
ReplyDeleteM-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-humpback-humpback-I.
What a weird flash of nostalgia...
I saw this and loved reading about his struggle. All the angst and intervention and rewrites worked. This was a GREAT book.
ReplyDeleteI sent your fabulous former intern a copy for Christmas .... signed (Tom's my neighbor :-)).
sf