I voted that Dan shouts "Yoknapatawpha!" whenever anyone shouts "Reivers!" in Firefly. That has to be it. I shout "Yoknapatawpha!" whether anyone else shouts "Reivers!" or not, and not just in Firefly. "Yoknapatawpha!" is a word for every occasion.
I tried shouting "Yoknapatawpha!" once, but I sprained my larynx. When I was teaching American Literature, I used to say "Yabba-dabba-doo" instead, which always made my students laugh.
I do always think of Faulkner when they mention the reavers on Firefly, though.
The movie of The Reivers is quite good. It has Steve McQueen!
Keep your comments succinct. Any comment that runs longer than 100 words is generally too long.
If you're commenting more than three times a day, it's too much.
Civility is enforced. Spelling/grammar mistakes may be pointed out ONLY in the blog post itself, not in any of the ensuing commenter's contributions.
If your comment doesn't show up, it's most likely that Blogger ate it. Try posting again using a GoogleID. (comment moderation is on only for older posts)
I voted that Dan shouts "Yoknapatawpha!" whenever anyone shouts "Reivers!" in Firefly. That has to be it. I shout "Yoknapatawpha!" whether anyone else shouts "Reivers!" or not, and not just in Firefly. "Yoknapatawpha!" is a word for every occasion.
ReplyDeleteWhy is Dan's query letter (124) not on the shark website? The interview mentioned the letter.
ReplyDelete?
Reivers? I ain't going anywhere near where there are reivers.
ReplyDeleteI tried shouting "Yoknapatawpha!" once, but I sprained my larynx. When I was teaching American Literature, I used to say "Yabba-dabba-doo" instead, which always made my students laugh.
ReplyDeleteI do always think of Faulkner when they mention the reavers on Firefly, though.
The movie of The Reivers is quite good. It has Steve McQueen!