Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jeff Somers finds himself in good company

The good folks at Melville House are sponsoring a very entertaining award for book trailers. Naturally I was very pleased they recognized the genius that is Jeff Somers. Also, others, less genius, but quite entertaining.




A Common Pornography by Kevin Sampsell

The Electric Church in One Minute by Jeff Somers

Extraordinary Renditions by Andrew Ervin

I Am in the Air Right Now
by Kathryn Regina

I Lego New York by Chistoph Niemann

9 comments:

  1. Jeff's was definitely the best. Reminds me of a cross between Zero Punctuation (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation) and 30-second Bunnies movies (http://www.angryalien.com/).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin Sampsell edited Portland Noir, so I've had the privilege of working with him. Great guy, and a great writer. Though, of course, Jeff should win because I fear what he'll do to me if I say otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sold! Fantastic trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hearing about book trailers more and more frequently, but only from people who make book trailers and aspiring writers who follow their blogs that hope to have book trailers of their own some day.

    I wonder if this is a self-contained phenomenon. Do they actually influence the buying public?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for some mighty fun trailer viewing. Jeff's was hilarious but right now, my brain is stuck sorting through all the "ography" words I can recall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFL!

    Those minute recaps are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A book trailer is truly an art form in itself. We've come far from the powerpoint-and-soft-music variety so common a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - Jeff'a rocks! I am off to his website.

    Janet, I was surfing instead of working and thought of you immediately when I saw this (I hope it works!):

    http://myfoodlooksfunny.com/2010/05/10/just-when-you-thought-it-was-safe-to-go-back-in-the-kitchen/

    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Keep your comments succinct. Any comment that runs longer than 100 words is generally too long.

If you're commenting more than three times a day, it's too much.


Civility is enforced. Spelling/grammar mistakes may be pointed out ONLY in the blog post itself, not in any of the ensuing commenter's contributions.

If your comment doesn't show up, it's most likely that Blogger ate it. Try posting again using a GoogleID. (comment moderation is on only for older posts)