Sounds fun. I'm curious how an author can use a classic like that as a basis for their book? Do they just say 'by Jane Austen and New Author' and that makes it ok to use their work in a new way?
I in no way mean to offend. I am just not familiar with the classic 'mash-up' genre.
Mash-ups are becoming really popular nowadays. I wonder what will come next? Which classic will they add the supernatural to? And, I wonder what the purists think about their classics being mashed-up?
Keep your comments succinct. Any comment that runs longer than 100 words is generally too long.
If you're commenting more than three times a day, it's too much.
Civility is enforced. Spelling/grammar mistakes may be pointed out ONLY in the blog post itself, not in any of the ensuing commenter's contributions.
If your comment doesn't show up, it's most likely that Blogger ate it. Try posting again using a GoogleID. (comment moderation is on only for older posts)
That sounds like fun to read! Reminds me of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"... the only way to get my husband to read Austen. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds fun. I'm curious how an author can use a classic like that as a basis for their book? Do they just say 'by Jane Austen and New Author' and that makes it ok to use their work in a new way?
ReplyDeleteI in no way mean to offend. I am just not familiar with the classic 'mash-up' genre.
Mash-ups are becoming really popular nowadays. I wonder what will come next? Which classic will they add the supernatural to? And, I wonder what the purists think about their classics being mashed-up?
ReplyDeleteHuh, I love the picture on the front. It sounds like a really interesting read! I like Bronté. I like Vampire books. It's like having a Mcdonalds combo menu- have it your way.
ReplyDeleteI always thought that Jane Eyre would make a better ghost hunter than vampire slayer. But vampires are all the rage these days, so....
ReplyDeleteJanet (and others): If you haven't seen Emilia's video, you should. (I think there's a Query Shark reference.)
ReplyDelete