Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Blog Hiatus Day Two

Connor!
Conner came to us a rescue, somewhere between one and two years old, but he didn't let his start to life affect his spirit.

I used to joke Conner’s bucket list was “meet everyone in the world and get them to pet me.” Because as soon as he saw someone, he assumed he’d just found his new best friend.

One of the things that always amazed when walking Conner was how many people had dog treats in their pocket. Homeless people who were clearly down on their luck but smiled when they saw him. People waiting for the bus. Contractors working on neighborhood houses.

Walking a friendly dog breaks down barriers and makes the world a bigger place. Walking a dog helps you live in the moment and see the new flowers budding in the spring. How fun it is to chase a leaf blowing down the street. Which yards smell especially interesting.

12 comments:

DeadSpiderEye said...

For the first time ever, the neighbour's dog didn't bark at me as I walked past today. He just looked at me like the dog in this snap, only smaller, than the dog not the snap, and less black.

Melanie Sue Bowles said...

Precious Conner...! Look at that face. Love.

CynthiaMc said...

Sweet boy.

nightsmusic said...

Perfect backdrop to a happy dog. Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that they know they've been given a second chance?

Claire Bobrow said...

Connor is very fetching! That image looks like an author photo, and I'll bet Connor has some great stories to tell. I wonder what he would title his book?

Joseph S. said...

Good dog, good thoughts.

Thanks

Beth Carpenter said...

Joseph, I would read that.

AJ Blythe said...

I'd be one of those stopping to pet. And he's a library dog!

Lennon Faris said...

Aw, Conner! What a studious and happy boy.

MA Hudson said...

A couple of months ago I saw a postman with a big bag of dog food in his trolley. Each time he came to a terrace house with a barking dog, he dropped a handful of kibble through the mail slot. It was so sweet. He had a bag of cat food too.

Ashes said...

One of my more interesting jobs was canvassing for the Canadian census, naturally I did so with a pocket full of milkbones.

Craig F said...

I love that loose, friendly and almost goofy look. I can tell he is friendly as can be from here. It always disillusions me when I see people who can't tell a friendly dog from one that isn't.