Sunday, August 26, 2018

Blog Hiatus Day Seven


So what do you expect me to do about this?”


Brendan and the kittens, Fergus and Silas. The wrassling match ended as always in a nap with their paws around each other.

Brendan was a perfect being in the form of a cat. Always kind and tolerant to all, including kittens.

As soon as our backyard pond froze he would go ice skating while we watched hoping the ice was strong enough and we wouldn’t have to dive in after him.

The only creature he could not abide was ducks. His jowls would quiver as he watched in shock. “It flies, it swims and it walks!”  In his view, ducks should not exist.

He once fell into our indoor shallow pool while pulling a palm plant in after him. That was his only screw up ever. We did not take a photo to save his dignity.

11 comments:

nightsmusic said...

The king looking over his subjects! What a beautiful boy.

Craig F said...

Adult cats are very patient with their kids. They let the children be children. When it comes time for them to grow up the adults will be less than patient about getting the kids in line.

The local cats turn their pretty heads away when a duck waddles through. I guess that learned about ducks in some previous life.

Richelle Elberg said...

What a tolerant elder. I have to say, I failed to note Panther's one personality flaw yesterday. He is a hard core alpha and will tolerate no other kitty besides Parker. I offered to cat sit for a friend back when P&P were still fairly new to my household and Panther would full on attack my friends' two kitties. Not growl, not posture, attack. :( I had to segregate them in the garage for their ten day stay. Now I can't adopt more kitties and I probably would otherwise.

Beth Carpenter said...

Brendan is lovely and the kittens are so cute. What a cuddly trio.

Karen McCoy said...

Oh my gosh! The cuteness!!

Joseph S. said...

I like (or would have liked) Brendan.

Is there a reason this entry is written in the past tense? or am I worry wart?

AJ Blythe said...

Like Joe I am hoping there is no particular reason for the past tense tale.

I love this photo!

Sharyn Ekbergh said...

Hi all, Brendan is no longer with us but he enjoyed a wonderful life of 18 years. His last year was sweetened by a December May romance when Ramona arrived. He was a very special being and we were privileged to have him with us for so long. Sometime I'll send Janet the photos of Brendan and Ramona together. She took one look at him and that was it and vice versa.
Cats are amazing, no two are alike and they can always surprise you.

Panda in Chief said...

I, too, was immediately smitten with Brendan, and also noticed the past tense. There are some cats that come through your life for a while, that are unforgettable. Brendan was a winner. He deserves songs and stories to be written about him.

Valerie said...

Love this pic! Brendan sounds like an awesome cat!

Gypmar said...

These sweet comments make me love you people even more than I already did.