Opens: 12/27 (7:47am)
Closes: 12/28 (9am)
prompt word: ring
Number of words: 25
You can enter Round 2 even if you did not enter Round 1.
You may continue the story you wrote for Round 1, OR use someone else's post from Round 1 as your "starter"
If you use a starter, you MUST include it in your post WITH ATTRIBUTION.
It must be differentiated from the entry in round 2. (A line, five stars, something) (I need to be able to calculate the word count for each entry readily)
It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that you use someone else's work with respect.
You can NOT use 29 words in this entry if your previous entry was "only 26 of the allowed 30" In other words, no carry overs.
1. You must use the whole prompt word (ring) but that whole word can be part of a larger word. The letters for the prompt must appear in consecutive order. They cannot be backwards.
Thus: ring/ringding is ok but ring/rousting is not
2. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
3. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again. It helps to work out your entry first, then post.
4. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses.
5. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
6 If you use a STARTER post, those words DO NOT count as the 25 limit for today's entry.
7. Under no circumstances should you tweet anything about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is grounds for disqualification.
8. There are no circumstances in which it is ok to ask for feedback from ME on your contest entry. NONE. (You can however discuss your entry with the commenters in the comment trail...just leave me out of it.)
9. It's ok to tweet about the contest generally.
Example: "I just entered the flash fiction contest on Janet's blog and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt"
10. Please do not post anything but contest entries. (Not for example "I love Felix Buttonweezer's entry!")
11. You agree that your contest entry can remain posted on the blog for the life of the blog. In other words, you can't later ask me to delete the entry and any comments about the entry at a later date.
12. The stories must be self-contained. That is: do not include links or footnotes to explain any part of the story. Those extras will not be considered part of the story.
Round 2 opens: 7:47am, 12/27/17
Round 2 closes: 9am, 12/28/17
If you're wondering how what time it is in NYC right now, here's the clock
If you'd like to see the entries that have won previous contests, there's
an .xls spread sheet here http://www.colindsmith.com/TreasureChest/
(Thanks to Colin Smith for organizing and maintaining this!)
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid
oops, too late, this round is closed.