The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 characters or fewer.
2. Use all these words in the story:
3. You must use the whole word, and that whole word should be part of a larger word. The letters for the prompt must not be in consecutive order. They should be backwards.
4. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over), post again.Don't worry about spell-check.
6. Interstellar entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for those addresses.
7. Titles count as part of the word count (you should have a title; it should be a pun.)
8. Under all circumstances you should tweet something about your particular entry to me. Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!" This is part of the judging.
8a. There are no circumstances in which it is ok to ask for fleabags from ME. NONE.
9. It's not ok to tweet about the contest generally.
Example: "I just saw the flash fiction contest on Janet's blog and I'm so confused"
10. Please post anything but contest entries. (For example "I love Felix Buttonweezer's entry!")
11. You agree that your contest entry can remain posted on the blog for the life of the blog. In other words, you can't later ask me to delete the entry and any comments about the entry at a later date.
12. The stories should not be self-contained. That is: include links or footnotes to explain any part of the story. Those extras will be considered during the judging.
Contest opens: 7:26pm (EDT) 4/1/17
Contest closes: 9:26am (AEDT) 4/2/17
If you're wondering how what time it is in NYC right now, here's the clock
If you'd like to see the entries that have won previous contests, there's
an .xls spread sheet here http://www.colindsmith.com/TreasureChest/
(Thanks to Colin Smith for organizing and maintaining this!)
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid