One more week before vacation! I'm counting the minutes!
That calls for a writing contest don't you think?
The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word or sequential words. The letters for the prompt must appear in consecutive order. They cannot be backwards.
Thus: spare/ apples pared is ok but spare/sparkle is not
4. Post your entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again. It helps to work out your entry first, then post.
5. International entries are allowed, but prizes may vary for international addresses.
6. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
7. Under no circumstances should you tweet to me about your own entry.
Example: "Hope you like my entry about Felix Buttonweezer!"
This is grounds for disqualification.
8. It's ok to tweet about the contest generally.
Example: "I just entered the flash fiction contest on Janet's blog and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt"
9. Please do not post anything here but contest entries. (Not for example "I love Felix Buttonweezer's entry!")
Contest opens: Saturday 8/15/15 at 8:18am
Contest closes: Sunday 8/16/15 at 8am
All times are Eastern Shark Time.
(thanks to Richard for alerting me to the typos** on date)
*** (translation: didn't look at date book with BOTH eyeballs!)
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid
awww, too late. Contest closed at 8am.