Saturday, January 11, 2014

Question: whither Chum Bucket?

When in the new year you resume considering queries, will the "Chum Bucket" be back in operation, or has that experiment run its course? 


I love Chum Bucket. I miss it enormously and if there was a way to ONLY do Chum Bucket that's what I'd do.

I'm profoundly grateful to the writers who participated last year.  Down to the last, they were pleasant, polite and gratifyingly appreciative of the conversation we had.

So, no, it has not run its course.

In fact, tonight, 1/11/14 at 7pm will be the first Chum Bucket of the New year.

Remember, do NOT retweet this or blog about it.  Chum Bucket works because the people who participate are clued in to this blog and my twitter feed.  Newsing it about far and wide will bring in people who aren't bought in on the concept. I love Chum Bucket. I don't want to risk having it wrecked.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I've got to say about that is....
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

LynnRodz said...

I'm assuming this is the rant we were waiting for. Damn, I just wish my final revisions were complete so I could play!

Unknown said...

Thank you!!!

Janet Reid said...

Lynn, this is SO not a rant. :))

G.M. said...

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. Best wishes.

William Weissinger said...

May I still participate in Chum Bucket if I've already submitted a query to you, but haven't yet heard back?

LynnRodz said...

The reason why I thought it might be, Janet, is I remembered something you had said about pitches and went back and found this under one of your Chum Bucket posts:

"It beats the hell out of taking pitches at conferences (and you don't have to worry about throwing up on my shoes.)"

I guess I should have known when a Shark rants, it's not pretty!

Craig F said...

Rats, by the gods and ghosts of Golly Gee and Gosh Darn.

Here I was wishing, hoping, praying and chumming for a writer's contest to start the new year.

It would also help drag me away from how dark this thriller is turning and the errors I keep coming up with while trying to post a comment. Yesterday was two tries and this is my third today

Her Grace, Heidi, the Duchess of Kneale said...

Aw man! Chum Bucket comes up, and I don't have any suitable projects ready to go.

You don't rep what I write, and I don't write what you rep. Alas. On the whole, I've found your advice in the past to be very useful.

Unknown said...

After I've been remora-ing around Facebook and the digital-shoals a certain shark frequents, the answer to my question (you may replace that with "hopes and dreams") surfaces here :)

So glad you're doing this again Ms. Reid, and thank you.

Unfortunately I missed the last one. Will there be a Chum-Bucket notice in the sidebar again? Or rather, has there been a decision on when the next feeding will be?