Yes indeed it's time to hang up the Gone Fishin' sign and retire to reading books instead of manuscripts, turn off the phone, and put a padlock on the email inbox!
To celebrate the start of a week off, let's have a writing contest!
1. Write a story using 100 or fewer words.
2. Use the following words in the story
You must use the exact letters of the word in order, but the word can be part of a larger one:
Catch but not cart
rentals but not detrimental
3. Contest prize: to be determined.
4. Entries outside the US are ok (but if you're outside the US it may affect what I can
send you as a prize)
5. Contest opens Saturday August 24 at 10am. Closes Sunday August 25 at 10am.
6. Post your entry in the comment section of this blog post. Comments are closed
until the contest opens.
7. Judging is entirely subjective and subject to sharkly whim and whimsy.
Questions? Tweet to me @Janet_Reid (I'm not on twitter a lot right now so try to figure
out the answer to your question from the directions first)
Too late! Contest now closed.