Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Contest entries (so far) part five

Mimi 9:36am

 Poem From A Desperate Lover
Him:
JUST LISTEN,
Let me SPEAK.
I know we're JUST KIDS,
But when we met, Something CAUGHT fire.
So let me give you THIRTEEN REASONS WHY
We need to be together FOREVER.
You are THE WHOLE WORLD to me,
You are my ANAM CARA.
Without you THINGS FALL APART.
Life without you, would be like LIFE WITHOUT WATER,
I can't EAT, PRAY, LOVE without you.
Without you I can't be AN ARTIST OF THE FLOATING WORLD,
I can't dance under THE WILD TREES.
Without you I will CRASH and burn in the BLACK HOLE SUN.
Plus, we're well MATCHED, and NOBODY DOES IT BETTER.
SAVVY?
So please, IF I STAY,
NEVER LET ME GO.
THE SONG IS YOU,
And I want to SING YOU HOME.
If I don't, THE DARK WIND will find me.
The HOLES will find me.
These are THE RULES OF THE DANCE.
THE SUM OF OUR DAYS.
ARE YOU LISTENING?


Her:
Well, I'll be QUEEN OF THE DAMNED.
I've been RIDING IN CARS WITH BOYS for too long.



---------------

Teri 5:23pm

 Garage Sale Romance Book-Ku in 5-7-5

"A Frame of Dreams when
A Very Naughty Angel
Gives Lessons in Love"













----------

Ali 5:38pm

 The Girl Who Played with Fire
Your BIRTHDAY LETTERS have left me NUMB,
a side-effect of THE HUNGER GAMES
we once played; you were the BREAD GIVER,
and I, the LOVER OF UNREASON, transformed
into a reluctant WOMAN WARRIOR,
clutching a BURNT DIARY made of STARDUST
and WINTER POLLEN.

(A GOOD OMEN is not
                the same as a BLOOD PROMISE.)

This is a GHOST STORY, a GRAVEYARD BOOK,
a reminder that THE DEAD TRAVEL FAST,
and our love is FULL DARK, NO STARS,
a FARMING OF BONES
on a FAULT LINE, empty promises
ringing like THE LAUGHTER OF FOXES.

It’s A LONG WAY DOWN. I’ve heard
the STORIES. I know
WHERE SHADOWS DANCE and that
these LETTERS HOME are not PROOF
of love IN THE TIME OF BUTTERFLIES;
this marriage is no HOUSE OF MIRTH.

We swim in a WIDE SARGASSO SEA,
foolish as THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET’S NEST,
lingering in the NEVERWHERE, lost like ALICE IN WONDERLAND.
Yes, ours is a DARK ROAD TO DARJEELING,
but despite this CITY OF BONES
THE YEAR OF MAGICAL THINKING is over,
and I must PLAY IT AS IT LAYS.



























----
joanna 6:09pm

The beautiful and damned bend sinister
In middle march, while the bluest eye gazes longingly at
other resort cities. Instead I meander to the lighthouse,
where in the remains of the day I say a farewell to arms.
This possession, this thinking thought, these words, this last thing, this only thing,
the art of Fiction. Later, I will relate the secret history,
to someone, some him, some them,
all handsome Dubliners, and confess my dream, the dream
of the cold six thousand. Which is worse, I wonder? Answered prayers
or the red and the black scars left by those unanswered? They laugh:
Even the grifters in the enormous room know that there is nothing worse
than being dead. Without a hero I silently consult my wise blood and
wander off again, into the fields and folds of this prodigal summer.
















---------------

Jess 6:20pm
 THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE
traveled ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
to pull DEATH'S DAUGHTER from
THE LOST WORLD.
Hearts BRIGHTLY BURNING,
they ran away to find THE ONE RIGHT THING.

"Life is a TRAINWRECK," she said, when she
first saw the world. "Full of PRETTY MONSTERS."
"No," he said, "DON'T STOP NOW.
We've nearly reached the RISING SUN,
where we'll build a FOUNDATION AND EMPIRE.
DOWN IN MY HEART, I know that
MISERY means nothing when you're
COMMITTED."

"WELCOME TO THE MONKEY HOUSE." She was afraid,
far from home.
"Don't worry, my dear. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU,
until we're DEAD AND GONE."












------------------
Kathleen 6:56pm

 BEST JOB IN THE WORLD

I have become a MONSTER
because I use THE GOLDEN COMPASS
to hunt.
The BLOOD GAMES begin when I
find a MIDNIGHT PREDATOR
lurking and spying on
unsuspecting prey.
I use my HATCHET
to kill.
I am a WITCH HUNTER.

1 comment:

Patty Blount said...

Ali's is my favorite! Gets my vote. :)