Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Don't let the goggles fool you

Sean Ferrell is one of the funniest guys I know. His wicked sense of humor takes many forms, most noticeably a changing array of avatar photos on twitter. You've seen one already.

But don't let the goggles fool you. Sean Ferrell is a writer of extraordinary talent. You'll be able to see that for yourself when his debut novel NUMB is published on August 3. (You could even pre-order it now and beat the rush)

You can also see for yourself in his blog post today on writing.

One of the very best parts of this job is hearing writers talk about how their novels get better. I'm fascinated by that process. I think you will be too.

8 comments:

Elisabeth Black said...

Hear, hear.

Penelope said...

Sean is hilarious and genuine. I am looking forward to reading NUMB.

Julie Weathers said...

Yes, Sean is a hoot. Actually, most of the writers in your stable have well-developed senses of humor. That must say something about the stablemaster. I will hie me over to his blog and check it out. I'm so excited for him and you. Congratulations!

Bill Peschel said...

You lost me.

Yes, the post is funny, and I wanted to know more about "Numb."

Click. Click. Click. Nothing.

Nothing on his blog. Nothing on the amazon page. Nothing on his author Amazon page.

I have no idea if it's sci-fi, literary or what.

I'm glad he's a hoot. Yes, the picture of him in the goggles is funny. The writing post was very nice, as well as the story about his son waking him up.

You hooked me. Then you lost me.

Sean Ferrell said...

Bill,
Thanks for pointing out the lack of a page dedicated to Numb. I've added one now: www.byseanferrell.com/numb
(Site redesign is underway, and has blinded me to some of my current site's flaws.)
Thanks again.
Sean

Anonymous said...

Those are goggles?

Anonymous said...

"Just Goggle it?" You and Sean should become a comedy team. lol

Margaret Yang said...

Janet, Janet, Janet. Why do you DO these things to us? Get us all excited about a book that isn't coming out until August! Waiting is hard.

(BTW, thank you for the rec for *First Contact* by Manderly. I laughed so hard that milk came out my nose.)