Yes, this is filled with whisky

Yes, this is filled with whisky

Friday, August 22, 2008

Newman's Own

Client Steve Ulfelder has an interesting blog post about Paul Newman today.

Without spoiling the story, that last paragraph was something I didn't know. Damn.


Precie said...

Well, hell.

I didn't know that either.

Mags said...

I was not aware. Damn.


clindsay said...

But how cool is it that the man can still fly down a track in a souped-up racing car at 83 years-old?

One of the many reasons we love Paul Newman.

Tom Segerson said...

A class act that will be impossible for anyone to follow.

When he started racing and winning sports cars national championships in his fifies, all I could think was, "Damn, it's never too late."

He's an inspiration to us all.

Brown Trash Punk said...

but I heard that the cancer was a rumor. He has never denied or confirmed it. I first heard about it on some other blogs and now I guess it might be really true :(

He is a great actor and a great man.

kitty said...

I guess you haven't stood in line at the grocery checkout in quite a while because the tabloids have put the news on their covers.


Steve Stubbs said...

It seems all the great entertainers are leaving us. Maybe there is a great playhouse in the sky for them where Shakespeare writes the lines, Pavarotti serenades the audience, Bob Hope and George Burns tell the jokes, and Newman will soon appear in a starring role. If so, he is leaving this world for a better one. May it be so.

stella said...

I have been a lurker on this site for quite awhile, or as Dave Barry would say (from linked article) a looky-loo. Leave it to Paul Newman to drag me out into the open.

For weeks I have read the stories of his disease and the limited time he has left. Was there ever a more glorious star? Who can forget him opposite Liz Tayor in "Cat on a hot tin roof," then surfing through the decades as if it was nothing and ending up with Katherine Ross on his bike handle in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

The thing that really puts my tear ducts to task is what a glorious man he is, forget the star part. Millions of dollars to charity, long before it was hip to do so.

Julie Korzenko said...

I've had the pleasure of meeting the man. A class act all the way...not to mention a loving husband and devoted father.

double damn

Belvoir said...

There's a very good appreciation of Newman in the new Vanity Fair, by Patricia Bosworth. A good read about a great guy.

Janet Reid said...

thanks for the link to the vanity fair article. It was indeed a lovely piece about him!