Saturday, January 12, 2008

Query Status update

I've answered all the email queries as of this moment.

If you did not hear back, you can resend it. Doublecheck that you have the right address. It's on the bio, and on my webpage.

Make sure you send it just to me. I don't care if you query every agent under the sun, but you have to send them one at a time. If if doesn't have my name on it, I don't feel obliged to answer.
My name isn't "Literary Agent" either.

Make sure you don't have your spam filters engaged. If I get a request to verify that I'm a real person, it sends me into an existential crisis and I'm unable to type. Therefore, query me with an email address that you don't use for your other pursuits on the web, or add me to your address book.

And if you do add me to your address book, be careful. You start sending stuff to me and your Aunt Fanny, your email address goes on the blocked list. I don't feel obliged to tell you that when I do it either.



If you queried by mail, I've replied and the letters went into the mail today. Figure another five days to hear back. If you do NOT hear from me and you've sent me a query by mail, double check that you have the right address. FinePrint Lit is on 35th Street. Mail directed to any other address might not find its way here for many lost and lonely days.

And for those of you who think using my given name will trick me into thinking you've done some research, think again. I know the people who read this blog, have read my authors, or paid attention to what I look for. The way I can tell? They write really good, really funny query letters. They also call me Ms. Reid on the first email. What they call me after that I don't know.

And now, time to read!

No comments: